Arie OldmanSydney, Australia
0432 934 970
- Upgrade existing applications to be more secure, performant and reliable, in line with the Twelve-Factor App methodology.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and interns, explaining complex ideas in a simple way.
- Produce technical documentation, including how-to guides, tutorials, and references documents.
|Software Engineer (Compliance)||May 2021 to present|
- Refactor API client and resolve implicit dependency between PHP monolith and Go web service, in order to deliver the Agreed Hours feature to premium-tier customers.
- Implement JWT authentication with resource-based access control to secure the Compliance webservice (Go).
- Diagnose and resolve UI bugs in Deputy's Vue2 and Vue3 frontends.
- Diagnose and resolve issues in Shift Pay Calculation logic to ensure Deputy calculates correct pay rates for around 1 million employees.
|Software Engineer (Implementations)||Sep. 2019 to May 2021|
- Advise performance and architecture decisions for major engineering projects (Bunnings, Qantas).
- Enforce strict separation of config and code — enabling non-technical team members to change configuration — by creating Vue SPAs (Bunnings, Environment Variable Custom App).
- Independently direct project life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, maintenance) of the Deputy-Groundstar integration (Qantas).
- Upgrade distributed serverless system to deliver Deputy employee sync integration (Tesseract).
- Create and launch internal tooling to improve daily developer productivity (Precaf).
- Review technical tests to assist the recruitment of engineers.
|Junior Software Developer||Mar. 2019 to Jul. 2019|
- Improve reliability and availability of the Spriggy platform by using rate-limiting to prevent system overload due to high message volume.
- Implement new Billing Period feature and repair defects in the Spriggy platform.
Prior: Cadet Engineer (2015 - 2019, Singtel Optus).
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Telecommunications Engineering (2015 to 2018, Macquarie University)